Welcome to our Parish
For nearly 50 years now our parish serves the spiritual needs of the Orthodox communities of West London. Our Church originally established as the Anglican Church of St Thomas the Apostle in 1883, was consecrated as the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of St Nicholas in 1965.
Our Parish is an active member of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain under the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople but our services are attended by faithfuls of several Orthodox churches. Services are conducted primarily in the original New Testament Greek, with an explanation in English.
Our Church is a not only a place for worship but also for support of the members of our orthodox community. The Ladies Benevolent Fund has helped over the years many members or our community and welcomes assistance of any form to that end.
Our School provides a programme of tuition in Greek language and culture for all ages, from the nursery school to adult classes.
Chairman of the Parish Council